Lawful Basis for Processing
The identifying information we collect during registration is required by contractual necessity to provide the website service to you. We need to be able to authenticate you, bill you, and send you emails critical to the operation of the Website.
Your consent is required before we will use any of your identifying information for any other purpose. The sections below detail what information we collect and the consequences of providing, or not providing, consent.
Types of Information We Collect and How Each Is Used
You may visit the portions of the Website that do not require an account anonymously, however the functionality available to you will be extremely limited.
We collect your e-mail address (and maybe a password) when you register with the website. If you use a social media service to log into the Website, we collect a unique id from that service as well as your email address if it is provided by the service.
Any of the registration information we collect from you may be used to authenticate you to the service, personalize your experience, allow you to creeate and manage characters and campaigns, or to send transactional emails related to your interactions with the Website. These transactional emails are for things like resetting forgotten passwords, or breach notification. You do not have the option not to receive these transactional message. We need to be able to inform you of critical information as described above.
If you consent, the email address you provide during registration may also be used to send you information and updates pertaining the Website and your use of it. You may withdraw this consent at any time. If at any time you would like to withdraw consent for receiving informational emails, simply unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of any such email, or go to the "Your Account" page to manage your email preferences.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
In the unfortunate event that advertising becomes necessary to suport the Website, we may use de-identified information to better target ads to you.
We contract all billing services to a third party (Stripe), whom we believe to be fully capable and compliant with all relevant regulations. We do not receive or store any billing information on infrastructure managed by NCW. For the purposes, of processing your payment, Stripe may collect your name, email address, part or all of your address, credit card number, expiration date, and the CCV security code.
As you create and manage characters on the Website, we collect and store the information you provide about those characters. This is necessary to provide the character management services on the site. You may choose to share this information with other users via our game group and character library features. We are not responsible for what these users to do with the character information you choose to share this way.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We use a variety of third party services to help us manage the Website. We share identifying information with these providers only if necessary to do their job. In these cases we do not permit them to further share your information. Currently the services we send identifying information to include:
|Name||Service Provided||Information Shared|
|SendGrid||Sending emails||e-mail address|
|RollBar||Error monitoring||e-mail address, if related to an error|
|Stripe||Payment Processing||Payment information, including name, address, credit card info|
We may share de-identified information with other third party providers for the purposes of operating and improving the Website. We may also share unidentifying information with our partners at Pelgrane Press, Ltd.
We will share any information required to comply with a legal law enforcement or national security request. Will will also use any information required for our own investigations into violations of our Terms of Service, this policy or other disruptive behavior on the site.
In no other cases do we share or sell your information with third parties. In particular, we do not sell or transfer identified or de-identified information to any third party for their marketing purposes.
Data Retention Period
We will retain data not required for payment processing for as long as you maintain your account on the Website. If you close your account, we will delete your data at your request. Otherwise, we will retain your information at least through the end of your current billing cycle. At the end of your last billing cycle, your data will be deleted when convienent for the operators of the site.
Use of Third Party Links
Although we may, from time to time, recommend and link to other sites, we are not responsible for the content or activities of these linked sites. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies, and we encourage you to thoroughly review these policies before providing information to a third party. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Data Transfer and Safeguards
NCW is a United States company, and all of our data storage and processing takes place in data centers in the US. We follow common best practices for securing the types of data that we store and process.
Your Data Rights
You have a number of rights when it comes to your data. NCW takes these rights very seriously.
- Right to Data Portability: At your request we will make your data avaiable to you in the ubiquitious, machine readable, and reasonably human readable JSON format.
- Right to Accesss: Send a request to the email, or snail mail, address below and we will make any and all data we have available to you.
- Right of Correction: At any time you may use the tools on the Website to correct any data you feel is in error. If you feel that some piece of data is incorrect and we have not provided a way to correct it yourself, contact us at the email address below and we will work with you to resolve the issue.
- Right to be Forgotten: At your request, after you have closed your account, we will delete all of your data at your request.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: At any time you may opt out of receiving marketing and informational emails from us. You may also close your account to prevent us from processing any of your data.
- Right to Object: You have the right to object to any processing of your data. Your recourse in this is described under Right of Restriction of Processing, above.
- Right not to be Subject to a Decision Based Solely on Automated Processing: We do not use algorithms or AI techniques to make decisions about your account or content.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint to your country's data supervisory authority if you feel your personal data has been processed in a way that infringes governing legislation or regulation.
Northland Creative Wonders
800 Main St. #290
Holden, MA 01520
|July 7, 2018||General cleanup ahead of launch|
|April 2, 2018||Alpha Test Version|