Last Modified on March 15, 2019
Can't find the answer to your question? Ask us
directly using the contact form. The contact form is also the best
way to report a bug or
Suggest a new feature.
- [NBA] How do I keep track of contacts, covers or other lists related my character's abilities?
- Use the notes feature to keep track of these things. Even if you have a
free subscription, notes for these items will work.
- [NBA] What are the numbers in parentheses next to some of my Night's Black Agents
- character's abilities?
- Those are the recommended values based on the backgrounds you have selected.
- [Trail] What are the little briefcases next to some of my abilities on my Trail of
- Cthulhu character sheet?
- Those are occupational abilities. Black ones are fixed by your occupation,
red ones are choosable.
- [Bookhounds] Why can't I replace an existing ability with one of the new ones as
- described in the sidebar on page 13?
- Currently the new abilities are only available as part of an Occupation's choosable abilities.
This is a known issue. To work around this, just set your ability ratings the way you want. The
point totals will be off, but the character will work fine.
Features & Functionality
- What is the Difference between Night's Black Agents and Dracula Dossier when creating a character?
- Almost nothing. Dracula Dossier adds Geology and Hypnosis to your list of abilities.
- Do you support GUMSHOE game XXXXX?
- We will be supporting all GUMSHOE games. Watch for them to roll out over
the next few months.
- Will you be supporting other languages?
- Everybody wants this to happen, but the licensing can be tricky. Once we
have the English language version conquered we will look into this further.
- Do players need an account to join a campaign?
- No. Players can join a campaign without an account if the GM is assigning
pregenerated characters. The GM will provide the players a link that they can use
access their characters. If the game will run over multiple sessions, it is
recommended that players use the join button to create an account to retain
access to the character.
- What can I do with the Discord integration?
- Once your campaign is connected to a Discord channel, all character spends and rolls
will be reported in that channel.
- You can also use Discord commands (starting with "/bb") to get information about the
characters. Type /bb in discord will bring up a list of commands.
- What do I need to be able to use the Discord integration?
- You need to have a GM level subscriptions and permissions to invite bots to a Discord server.
- How do I remove The Black Book from my server?
- If you kick the bot from the server, the server does not tell the bot that it has been kicked.
This means that your campaign view will still show as connected. Just click the disconnect button
in your campaign to remove it.
- If you start by clicking the disconnect button on your campaign view, it will remove the bot
from the server and the campaign.
Account & Billing
- I'm having some trouble processing my credit card, what should I do?
- Sorry to hear that. Contact us and we
will get you sorted out.
- Do you offer monthly subscriptions?
- Unfortunately it gets to be very expensive to process a dozen $2 charges,
so we only offer annual subscriptions.
- I don't want to pay for an annual subscription if I'm not sure I'll like it?
- We offer a free tier that has everything you need to play GUMSHOE
games. Spend some time with that and see what you think. The pay tiers
only get better from there.
- Do players need to pay for a subscription?
- No. Players with Free accounts can join a campaign and use all of the
features of the Player tier for that character and when the GM has the
campaign page open.